Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8th, 1993


April 8th, 1993, was the day my maternal Grandfather, Abdul Mehdi Juma Hajee, passed away.

He had a profound impact on my life, despite the fact that I was very young when he died. He was an orator, a philanthropist and a businessman who was respected and admired by his community. He was self-educated, and loved to read. When we visited my Grandparents' house near the Rift Valley (Kenya), I dug up literary treasures like Walt Whitman, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Omar Khayyam from his library. I believe that in some way, he nurtured by literary side.

His life continues to inspire and motivate me to mantain the integrity of his name.

You are missed, Papa.

1 comment:

  1. this kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.

    Masters Thesis Writing

    ReplyDelete